- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of pure cocoa (not drinking chocolate with all its additives)
- a handful of dark chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Melt the butter, then add sugar and cocoa and mix well.
- Fold in the flour and salt.
- Add as many chocolate chips as you like.
- Roll into balls and place on greased cooking sheet with room to spread.
- Flatten each ball with a fork dipped in cold water. Don’t crisscross.
- Bake at 190 C (375 F) for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Set the baking tray somewhere the biscuits can cool and crisp up before you move them.
(Modified from Glass Wings)