- left-over cooked rice
- 1 egg
- full-cream milk
- ground cinnamon
- a splash of vanilla
- a small, individual-serve ramekin
- Crack the egg into the ramekin and beat well
- Add milk and vanilla and mix well
- Add rice (usually a couple of tablespoons) and stir well
- Add enough milk to bring the mixture to about a cm from the top, stir
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Pop in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute, then for another minute.
Serve with honey drizzled across the top while it is still very hot. You can also use golden syrup if you want more of a sugar hit.
The cooking time depends on your microwave. Two lots of 1 minute works for us. The pudding will have come away from the edges of the ramekin when it is done, and there won’t be any uncooked egg mixture left in the middle!