This is not a normal green smoothie: it is actually quite nice. Yes it has spinach, but the apple and banana somehow work with it to give a balanced, not-too-sweet flavour. Surprisingly, it makes a decent breakfast if you want something healthy and filling to start your day.
I normally don’t like smoothies; but I do like this one. It’s worth a go if you haven’t ventured into green smoothies before.
Shock discovery: a green smoothie that tastes good
- 1 banana (do I need to tell you to peel it?)
- 1 chopped apple (seeds removed and not too big)
- a handful of baby spinach
- a tablespoon of raw almonds
- a spoonful of honey (optional)
- up to a cup of milk (we use oat milk, but any milk will do)
- Toss everything in the blender in the order listed (bananas first) with half the milk and start blending. Slowly add as much of the rest of the milk as you want until you have a good, smooth consistency.