Why would anyone need a recipe for cauliflower cheese I hear you ask. Well, why not? This site is a bit of a family notebook for our favourite recipes, and this certainly is one of those. It’s also not quite a normal cauliflower cheese. It’s not just the broccoli, but it’s also the lack of a white sauce. We just use a sprinkle of Parmesan and mozzarella, and everyone’s happy.
An easy cheesy cauliflower
- ½ a large cauliflower
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1−2 tablepsoons of parmesan cheese
- a good handful or two of mozarella cheese
- Break the cauliflower and broccoli into fleurettes and lightly steam or microwave them until they are just tender.
- Drizzle some olive oil onto the veggies and stir them all around to make sure they’re evenly coated with the oil, then arrange them in a single layer in a large, shallow baking dish.
- Scatter the Parmesan cheese across the top of the now-lightly-oiled veggies. The amount is up to you and how much you like Parmesan cheese, but it should look like a dusting of cheese rather than a thick coating.
- Top with as much mozzarella as you like. We tend to have some patches with more mozzarella and some with less so we can cater for all tastes.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in a 180ºoven (350F), or until the cheese has melted.