This cake is such a last-minute throw-it-together affair. It’s quick, easy, doesn’t need any icing, and it tastes great.
Fiesta Friday party, here we come.
Simple coconut cake
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- ½ cup of shredded coconut + extra for the toppping
- ½ cup of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- vanilla essence
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour into a smallish cake tin, then sprinkle the extra shredded coconut over the top.
- Bake in a 180ºC oven (350F) for about half an hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.